So many people have asked lately where we are in the process of adopting, and when we will be getting Priscilla.
I am not completely sure, but I will do my best to tell you what I know.
Friday, we will be done with our home study.
Right now, we are waiting on getting a fingerprint appointment with USCIS (US citizenship and immigration).
We will have to send a copy of our home study to USCIS and wait approval.
We are almost done with our dossier (this is all the paperwork we will send to Eastern Europe), but we can do nothing with this until we receive approval from USCIS.
As of right now, I am unsure whether we will submit this year or next year. I have been working very hard to get everything in place to submit this year. We still have a chance, but it is looking slimmer everyday. After friday, it all depends on how fast USCIS gets things done.
Priscilla's country will only be accepting dossiers until December 1, then they will take a break until February sometime, I won't know the date for sure until December.
If we are to submit now, we have to have everything mailed over to EE by the middle of November, and hope they will get everything translated and submitted in time.
From what I understand, if we submit this year (which would be close to December 1st), we would not travel to get Priscilla until January or February. If we are unable to submit until next year, we should travel sometime in April (of course, this is just a guess, we won't know for sure until closer to time).
My hope the whole time has been to get her before her 2nd birthday. So, if we are unable to go until
April, we would still be able to bring her home by her birthday. I would love it so much if we were able to get her earlier, but I can do nothing else at this point except wait.
Hope this makes sense to everyone. If you have any questions, just leave it in the comments and I will try to answer them.